Sunday, March 1, 2015

The Great Thaumaturge


How can you get run over by a semi truck and not be physically altered--changed? It is not possible, as far as I know. In the same way, God (unfathomably bigger than a semi) has changed many of us, altering our spiritual bodies. So why do so many Christians act like it never happened? We claim to know God, but in our personal lives we are not showing that we have truly changed from the rest of the world. Getting "run over" by God is what killed our old lives and it's what allows us to die to self, and yet we still manage to hold onto the things of our past. How can it be so easy to forget something so big happening in our lives? This has always been somewhat of a mystery to me.

"Everyone wants to see heaven but no one wants to say goodbye/Everyone wants to see heaven but no one wants to die/Can’t explain this feeling there’s a void inside/Can’t escape this feeling how can I deny/I hear voices in my head/Choices, I can’t contend/I hear voices and they all know your name/& they all know your name/Trapped inside a cell that I built myself/Felt so very empty cold dark and lost/Everyone wants to (know) God but they’re afraid of what they’ll find/Everybody wants to know God but they want to live like he died/Can’t explain this feeling there’s a void inside/When the spirit moves you how can you deny" ~'Hearing Voices' by Anberlin (Christian rock band)

God is a worker of miracles. So considering that miracles happen every day, even in ways we will never know, we should have dozens of testimonies by now of the things He has done for us and for others. Most people are blind to the fact that God actually moves still today just as readily and steadily as He did two-thousand plus years ago. The Spirit of God is active, and if you are willingly seeking Him, you will begin to see His workings all around you. I think that, in this way, God moves in peoples' hearts the most when He performs miracles for them that cannot be explained or effectively relayed to others. He is a God of personal relationships, everlasting love, and holy addiction. Seek Him out--I challenge you--and find for yourself that the salvation He used to change you is the same salvation He has in store for everyone, and that confidence can be a complete joy and perfect testimony in any situation.

Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and make me willing to obey you. ~Psalm 51:12 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment