Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Fueling the Right Fire

"What kind of passion does our worship fuel?" ~Trip Lee

Dictionary.com defines passion as "any powerful or compelling emotion or feeling." There are two ways this can be taken. The first is to ask yourself what is it that I worship in my life? What would it truly look like to worship only God? Some of the things I personally tend to give too much credit to is my ability to do well at something and my desire to show that off to others. I worship what others think of me, so I am basically worshiping myself. Sometimes we worship feeling good, even in church. It feels good to be moved by a message or the music, but if we aren't also impacted by it, then it's not God we are actually worshiping. The second translation goes like this: where is the passion that my God-honoring worship should be producing? Why don't I always feel like doing God's work, and when I do what he says, why doesn't it always feel super powerful and emotional? Well, I don't think that our feelings are the end goal, so whether or not we immediately enjoy trials or self denial for God's sake, it is what He wants.

"All of us have goals and desires, but God isn't always in them....I'd be lying if I said following Jesus always seems appealing. Right doesn't always feel right." ~Trip Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment