Monday, November 25, 2013

Shadow

Look for the light at the end of the tunnel.
It's nearing winter and the days seem to be getting colder. I am remembering a day a year or two ago when the roofs of the houses in the neighborhood had been frosted over during the night. It was nearing midday, and most of the ice was gone, but there was a certain house that had a double roof overhang construction, so one part of the roof was higher than the other and it cast a shadow. Because the sun had nearly overcome the roof and fought back the shadow, the ice on the roof was practically gone as well . Under the cool reach of the remaining shadow however, there was still a definite line of frost coating the panels. This got me thinking.

As the shadow slowly died down, so did the ice creep back to the corners of the roof where it was the coolest and "most comfortable." If our lives and actions are represented by the ice, then the shadow is the protective comfort of the devil's subtle lies and the sun is the Son of God. The devil wants us to crawl back in our holes apart from Christ's reach, but as God fights back the shadow, he asks us to do the impossible: stand our ground and not melt away even when the sun is flashing us full in the face.
Stay strong, friends!

As for me, I look to the LORD for help. I wait confidently for God to save me, and my God will certainly hear me. Do not gloat over me, my enemies! For though I fall, I will rise again. Though I sit in darkness, the LORD will be my light...The LORD will bring me into the light, and I will see his righteousness. Then my enemies will see that the LORD is on my side...with my own eyes I will see their downfall. ~Micah 7:7-8, 9, 10 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment