Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Satisfaction : Complacency

As for me, I shall behold your face in righteousness; when I awake, I shall be satisfied with your likeness. ~Psalms 17:15 (ESV)

If we are always unsatisfied with ourselves and our inferiority/sinfulness, then our hearts should always yearn for the God who is perfect in holiness. Let us never become satisfied with our lives in a way that allows for complacency and self-absorption to take over our walk.

And I will say to my soul, 'Soul, you have ample goods laid up for many years; relax, eat, drink, be merry.' But God said to him, 'Fool! This night your soul is required of you, and the things you have prepared, whose will they be?' So is the one who lays up treasure for himself and is not rich toward God. ~Luke 12:19-21 (ESV)
 

Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked shall I return. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord. ~Job 1:21 (ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment