Sunday, July 21, 2013

Why Is Hate A More Common Verb Than Love?

Remember how worship is not only personally experiencing God and praising him through music, it's also enacted through service. Now we must find a way in our own lives to create a bridge form "worship service" to "worship through service", and it's no easy thing. It is one thing to be able to be a light in the workplace, at school, in the neighborhood, etc. and overcome the urge to hate all the wrong you see, but it's another to actually be pro-active about your faith and love not only by not hating but by, well, loving; because love is a verb.


Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. ~1 Corinthians 13:1-13

If you enjoy DC Talk, I guess they must not sound like a clanging cymbal and therefore, they must be God-sent people-lovers! Kidding; I can't really speak for them except that they put the song out there and they do make good music!

Now, essential to talking with others about how Christ could change their lives, you must be read up, meaning you can't just take a test without studying first. It needs to be ingrained in you, because when the Holy Spirit leads and you're listening, it won't always be at the most practical of times.

"I want to live like I lost the script." ~Icon For Hire


Why is it that nobody asks the question, "What would happen if I just never evangalized? It's not like that would stop me from getting to heaven..." Well, I'm pretty sure if you're down in the book, you would necessarily be a cold-hearted person, and only that kind of person would leave sinners as they are: Hell-bound.

No comments:

Post a Comment