Monday, July 29, 2013

Seek Justice, Love Mercy -- Love Justice, See Mercy

"I won't let you slip away.
Not this time, not this time.
This time you're gonna learn what it means to receive the very mercy
That you denied when you denied
The means to believe,
I'll keep feeding you the proof that you need,
But you spit it out to follow your doubt."
~Oh, Sleeper
 
Sometimes (fair to say always?) the world is blind to the mercy God brings us every day. Let us not be hypocrits, let us not be blind. And being blind does not only mean that we don't consider, keep in mind, the things most take for granted, but it is also the lack of outward appearance. Even Batman agrees that "It's not who I am underneath, but what I DO that defines me." We must know, and we must share; the two steps in making God's presence real in this dark world.
 
"Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, 'Rivers of living water will flow from his heart.'" (John 7:38)
 
"Nothing within me is righteous
'Till You breathe upon my spirit.
Nothing within me is pure
'Till I call upon the name of the Lord."
~"My Heart Fails" by Mark Tedder

"Justice is God's way of showing us mercy."
~"Justice" by Mark Tedder

No comments:

Post a Comment