Sunday, December 23, 2012

Cut The Rope

The Lord said to Gideon, "You have too many warriors with you. If I let all of you fight the Midianites, the Israelites will boast to me that they saved themselves by their own strength. ~Judges 7:2

Even when things come up in our lives that we can fix ourselves, and we do so taking it for granted, thinking, "Well I won that battle with sin because I was disciplined enough and I knew my own limits...". No. It is always God working through us for good, whether he shows us that or not. He could very easily make it a miracle just by twisting the lines of truth to show us that we couldn't have done it on our own. But sometimes he doesn't. sometimes he works behind the scenes and helps us where we don't think we need it, even though we really do.

Where can this go wrong? One way is when we consider God's presence, look for it, and not find what we want. We call God weak. We blame him. However, it is simply a time of weakness for us, who cannot fathom the reality of how God works no matter the situation. Whatever is happening down here on earth, God is always sitting in the same position, so to speak, unaffected physically/emotionally as we are.

 If God had a weakness, it would still be stronger than the strongest strength of man. ~Corinthians 1:25 

Maybe the problem is in those around us. God is hard to see, after all, like a fly on the wall, and sometimes even harder to present. In that case, it's really just us who needs to change, to release the fear and doubt that hold us back.
So shine with a fire that will represent.

"They all said I lost hope, but I believe that you're calling me home, I believe your love has no bounds, I believe your heart is on fire, I believe my heart is uncaged." ~Darkspeed (song)

That will represent the working God you come to see all around you.

"Any script written could not contain you; true love is not like it's played in a movie; when I close my eyes, I fell you with me; because you bled for a love that is Holy." ~Santiam (song)

No comments:

Post a Comment