Sunday, August 3, 2014

Heart of Worship

O my son, give me your heart. May your eyes take delight in following my ways. 
~Proverbs 23:26 (NLT)

When our hearts are completely geared toward God, when our worship and motivations are right and solely focused on pleasing Him rather than others, then that is when God can really start changing us. Only then can we truly take delight in following Christ, only then will we find joy even in the trials, and only then can our desires for worldly things start to change.


It is a truly amazing thing whenever I am reminded that my longing is to do God's will--when all the temporary pleasures I used to enjoy spending time in suddenly fade away. There is such a contrast of joy between the joy of the world and the joy of knowing and being enveloped in the peace of the Lord. All of heaven seems to quiet and listen when we decide to stop for, pray to, and worship the Almighty with our everything......when we truly give Him our hearts.


No comments:

Post a Comment