Monday, June 17, 2013

De Profundis

I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid. ~John 14:27

When you get into that pit, those ugly depths of self-torment and utter despair when life seems pointless and love has abandoned you, there aren't too many options for getting out again. Eventually we always do, whether it is because of a friend/someone who comes life, satisfying our depression with worldly pleasures, or seeking out a higher power to walk the road of life alongside us. It is impossible for anyone to journey through life without those low points when God might as well be a golden idol to spit upon, so to get out of that is no small thing. It takes faith and just a bit of theurgy. Theugry is the working of a divine or supernatural agency in human affairs.

Just let it go; there's always someone there to catch you!
From the depths of despair, O LORD, I call for your help. Hear my cry, O Lord. Pay attention to my prayer. LORD, if you kept a record of our sins, who, O Lord, could ever survive? But you offer forgiveness, that we might learn to fear you. I am counting on the LORD; yes, I am counting on him. I have put my hope in his word. I long for the Lord more than sentries long for the dawn, yes, more than sentries long for the dawn. O Israel, hope in the LORD; for with the LORD there is unfailing love and an overflowing supply of salvation. He himself will free Israel from every kind of sin. ~Psalm 130

No comments:

Post a Comment